What I usually had in mind when today came was my top ten favorite book quotes, but as I sat down on my couch and pulled out my tablet, I thought of something better.
As readers, we tend to fall in love easily. Not with people. But with characters. Fictional characters. But don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m extremely guilty. And I’m not afraid to admit it.
So as I prepare to write this post, I think about all of my favorite characters, and I picked ten:
10) Four: Tobias Eaton (or Four) is an amazing guy. He’s funny, smart, sensitive, and (I know you can’t argue with this point) gorgeous. But (hehe…you saw that one coming, didn’t you?), he can’t be my favorite, and read on and I’ll show you why.
9) Jace: If you haven’t read The City Of Bones, you need to! Jace is the best character. I’m not saying anymore because I can’t. He’s that awesome.
8) Hermione Granger: Trust me, this isn’t the only Harry Potter character that will be mentioned on this list. But I love Hermione. Throughout the series, she reminded me of me a little bit…
7) Alaska Young: I love this character (from Looking For Alaska) and her rebellious nature. She’s amazing. Absolutely amazing.
6) Peeta Mellark: I think the name just says it all…
5) Johanna Anglicus: Pope Joan is the best book I’ve ever read. It’s beautiful and amazing and one of the best books I’ve ever read. I love Johanna because she’s such a strong, persistent young lady that isn’t afraid to work hard to get what she wants.
4) Pattyn: If you’re a fan of Ellen Hopkins like me, then you have most likely read this book. Pattyn is one of my favorite females in teen fiction. Why? Because just like Johanna (above), she’s not afraid to fight for what she wants.
3) Augustus Waters: I’m not sure I even have to say anything except for this: if only all men could at least have the heart like him.
2) Luke Castellan: Okay, guys. Agree or not, he’s amazing. I don’t care if he’s a villain, or was a villain, in the end, he was good. And he had the right intentions… If only he had thought of a better way…
1) Severus Snape: Yeah. That’s right. I have a slight fan crush on Professor Snape. Just like Luke, he had a huge heart. And… Well… I don’t even know why I love him. But I do.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, how about you like it and follow? 😉 I may even follow you back! And with that, my fellow book nerds, I leave you with this: